How to Create and Use MySQL Database
The following instructions tells you how to create a MySQL Database and MySQL Username to be used for your web application.
Please note that you will not be able to directly upload or create your database. Also, your application MUST be running in your web hosting space on our Web Hosting Server to be able to connect to your MySql database. Your application cannot connect from a remote location or from home to your MySql database.
Below is what you need to do in order to get your MySQL database to be on your hosting plan.
- First, use your Control Panel to create the MySQL database. Your Control Panel is at http://cp6.utiware.net/
- Next, create the MySQL user name for and link it to the MySQL database (make sure that your user name is attached to your database).
- Very Important: Use Firefox Web Browser (not Internet Explorer) to Log into your database using phpMyAdmin at: http://phpmyadmin6.utiware.net/
- Create your tables and load your data to your database.
- Your database is now on our server and ready to be used by your application.
Use the same MySQL Username and Password to connect your application to your MySQL Database. After uploading your application to your Web Hosting Space, your application should connect to your MySQL using localhost as the MySQL Host Address.
Was this answer helpful?
The following instruction tells you how to create a Microsoft (MS) SQL Database 2005 or 2008...
You will not be able to simply upload your exiting database to our System. Rather, you should...
Microsoft Access Databases can be used in all Web Hosting Plans. You should upload your own...
You can connect your ASP.Net Application directly to your MySQL Database by using "MySQL...
How to Backup and Download your MS SQL Database===================================You can back up...