Set up Mac mail with IMAP
Follow these steps to set up Apple Mail to sync with SmarterMail via IMAP :
- On your Mac, open System Preferences.
- Click Internet Accounts.
- Click Add Other Account...
- Select Add a Mail account and click Create
- Complete the display name, full email address and password fields.
- Click Create.
- Type the root URL to your SmarterMail webmail. For example, http://webmail.example.com.
- Click Next.
- For the Incoming Mail Server options select the IMAP for account type. Complete the required filed : Incoming Mail Server, User name (full email address), and Password
- Click Continue
- If you receive an message stating "cannot sent your password securely to the server" click Continue
- For the Outgoing Mail server options fill in the required files: Outloging Mail server and if you require SMTP authentication click Use Authentication and fill in with full email address and password
- Click Continue
- You will see an account summary page and now click Create
Mac Mail is now set up to send and receive emails using IMAP.
Was this answer helpful?
How To - Configuring your iPhone 5 for POP/IMAP
How to configure an email account on the Apple iPhone 5 POP3 Setup Click on the round Home...
How To - Configuring your iPhone for POP/IMAP
On your iPhone, tap Mail or from the Home screen choose Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add...
Configure Outlook 2010 IMAP or POP Account
1. Secure Email Settings (Recommended) Username: email@example.comPassword: Use the email...
How to Send Emails from Outlook, and Desktop Clients
To Configure your Outlook to send emails you will need your POP and SMTP address. They are...