How to Create and Use Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 OR 2012 R2 Database
The following instruction tells you how to create a Microsoft (MS) SQL Database 2005 or 2008 or2012 R2 and MS SQL Username to be used for your web application.
Please note that you will not be able to directly upload or create your database. However, here is what you need to do in order to get your MS SQL database to be on your hosting plan.
(1) First, use your Control Panel to create the MS SQL database
(2) Next, create the MS SQL user name and link it to the MS SQL database (make sure that your user name is attached to your database).
(3) Log into your database using MS SQL Server Management Studio Express 2005 or 2008 or 2012 R2 depending on your database. Click here for instructions.
(4) Create your tables and load your data to your database. Alternatively, if you have an existing local database and you have a lot of tables and data, you may Restore your database from your local copy. To Restore your database, please send a Support Ticket requesting for Utiware to temporarily enable the database Restore button in your Control Panel.
(5) Your database is now on our server and ready to be used by your application.
In order to connect to SQL Server 2005 or 2008 or 2012 R2 from Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer or other client software you can use the following SQL Server address:
Please replace yourdomain.com with your real domain name also read the database section in your welcome email.
You may also use the above MS SQL Server address in your application's connection strings, for example:
Classic ASP (ADO Library)
Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data source=mssql.yourdomain.com,1500;Initial catalog=databaseName;User Id=userName;Password=password;
ASP.NET (ADO.NET Library)
Was this answer helpful?
How to Backup and Download your MS SQL Database===================================You can back up...
You can connect your ASP.Net Application directly to your MySQL Database by using "MySQL...
You will not be able to simply upload your exiting database to our System. Rather, you should...
This article will guide you to generate the backup of your MySQL database from SolidCP. Login to...
The following instructions tells you how to create a MySQL Database and MySQL Username to be used...